That double chin or submental fullness due to submental fat is a common condition that affects men and women of all ages. The double chin can detract from an otherwise balanced facial appearance, causing an older, heavier look as well as less facial harmony. Genetics, aging and weight gain can play a role in submental fullness, which is often resistant to diet and exercise.
KYBELLA ™ (deoxycholic acid) injections can help with double-chin removal. KYBELLA is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of fullness due to submental fat.
- KYBELLA is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness due to submental fat.
- KYBELLA contains a non-human, non-animal formulation of deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
- KYBELLA should be administered by a trained facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon or dermatologist.
- KYBELLA treatment typically takes 15-20 minutes.
- KYBELLA treatment can be customized to address each patient’s aesthetic goals for an improved chin profile.
- KYBELLA cost may varies based on each individual’s treatment needs.
- Most patients will need between 2 to 4 treatments an few months apart.
- Once the aesthetic outcome is achieved, the need for KYBELLA re-treatment is not expected, as KYBELLA causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.
- KYBELLA as a non-surgical option that requires less recovery time than surgical options.
- For most patients, downtime following a treatment session with KYBELLA is minimal.
KYBELLA Before & After Photos
KYBELLA Side Effects May Include:
- Pain, swelling, redness, bruising or numbness at injection site.
- Formation of small areas of firmness.
Most adverse KYBELLA reactions were mild or moderate and resolved without the need for medical intervention.
KYBELLA vs. Liposuction
Liposuction is a surgical procedure that requires anesthesia, an incision or incisions, stitches and downtime. KYBELLA is a non-invasive, non-surgical injection that typically requires minimal downtime.
Both procedures offer patients the potential for chin-profile improvement. Please discuss your options with Dr. Shire to determine the appropriate course of treatment to realize your unique facial aesthetic goals.